19 October 2010

Kayaking and Absailing


This blog is heavy reading because I tend to focus on the serious stuff. Maybe I am misrepresenting my Swazi Living, especially because the Swazis are very quick to laugh at life. A few weeks back SWAGAA had the staff retreat. We stayed at Hlangano Sun hotel for two nights and had a team building exercise of white water rafting. I went rafting with my co-legal officer, and very good friend. All was going well until we went down the last rapid backwards, bumped into a big boulder which tipped the boat upside down and we then rolled and bumped our way down the remained of the rapids. When I emerged from the water my Maputo bought sunnies were gone. It was a sad moment.

Afterwards I went ABSAILING, which is no small achievement for someone with a sizable fear of heights. I took about 15 minutes to actually walk down the side of the rock (which was overlooking the rapids by the way), after stalling in very creative ways: ‘Is there someone waiting for me at the bottom?’….. ‘So is he aware that I will be coming?’…. ‘What is his name?’

I’ve posted some not too flattering pictures for proof.

No comments:

Post a Comment