11 October 2010

Prayers

There was a horrific storm on Saturday night. An awesome storm, in the Ulysses use of the word awesome. It was blowing a gail and the rain was falling so thick that one could not see more then a few metres in front of themselves. I did not go out. Instead I went to bed saying a prayer for someone, I could feel that it was a bad night.

I woke up at half 5 with a phone call from a dear friend whose brother had died in that storm.

I don't really have an observation or Swazi social commentary for this one. Death is a real thing here. My Swazi family and friends make comments about the Swazi national work being the need to attend funerals on the weekend. It is a lesson for me. Most notably in the ability to connect with people, cultural boundaries are not so big when there is a need for them not to exist. I will do what I can to support, knowing that I come into the situation not dealing with numerous bereavements of my own. Perhaps it helps. I am just posting this to ask for prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment